The VFW (Veteran’s of Foreign Wars) Men’s Auxiliary is dedicated to Serving Those Who Have Served. Our mission is to raise funds to support our troops and their families. We need your help to do this.
- The Cpl. Matthew Lembke Scholarship Fund – We help deserving Tualatin High School Students achieve their dreams of a college education.
- Mission Mahalo – We help ship care packages to troops currently serving overseas.
- Disabled Veterans – We help disabled veterans receive the care and services they need. We purchase our Buddy Poppies from disabled veterans.
- Honor Flight Program – We help raise funds for the Honor Flight Program of Oregon, sending WWII vets to see the memorials in Washington, D.C. erected in their honor.
- Memorial Day Ceremony – We help honor veterans by helping coordinate the annual Memorial Day Ceremony at Winona Cemetery, followed by a PicnicÂ at the Tualatin Community Park.
Help Us Help the Veterans
If you would like to join our organization, we would like to hear from you. Our monthly meetings are on the third Thursday of every month, 6:30PM at the VFW Post 3452 in Tualatin.
Eligibility requires being a male, age 16 or older, and having a grandparent, parent, step parent, spouse, sibling, child or grandson eligible for VFW membership (US military member who honorably servedÂ overseas inÂ a war zone area during war time , including service in KoreaÂ or its territorial waters after June 30, 1949Â Â (for 30 consecutive days or a total of 60 days or received special pay for duty subject to hostile fire or imminent danger.)
Men eligible for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States shall not be eligible for membership in the Men’s Auxiliary.
The men’s auxiliary is not just a social club. We actively supportÂ our troops and their families.Â Your help is truly needed.
VFW Men’s Auxiliary also provides political support to our troops. Winning a long hard fought victory by helping to pass a GI Bill for the 21st Century, providing expanded educational benefits to America’s active duty service members, and members of the Guard and Reserves, fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Our annual fee is $30.00 for new members and you may pay online with a credit card or PayPal.
Â Menâ€™s Auxiliary Membership ApplicationÂ (PDF for printing)
The annual renewal is just $25.00 and you may pay with credit card or PayPal.
We are organized as a 501 (c)(19)Â and our Tax ID is #93-0378971. Your contributions are tax-deductible.
Order of Business at our Monthly Meetings
- Opening in due form â€“ prayer, pledge of allegiance to the flag
- Roll call of officers
- Reading of membership applications
- Ballot on candidates
- Reading of the minutes of the previous meeting
- Treasurerâ€™s report â€“ receipts and disbursements
- Reading of bills
- Report of the Chaplain
- Report of all committees
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Good of the Order
- Closing of the meeting in due form â€“ closing prayer and salute to the colors.
President -David Tollefsen
Vice President – Eric Fuller
Treasurer – Terry Pennington Jr.
Secretary -Â Â Daniel Payne
Chaplain:Â Don Comstock
Trustees – Â Dave Simmons,Â Dale Lembke