- Local Veteran Brandon Thomas Greene Died in a Motorcycle Crash November 13, 2019 Date of death: October 17 2019
Brandon was born in Portland, Oregon to Scott and Delores Greene on Aug. 11, 1989. Brandon graduated from Lakeridge High School in 2007, as well as, Portland State University in June 2015, with a Bachelor’s degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice. Brandon also served in the Air Force from Aug. ...
- Veterans Breakfast 2019 November 8, 2019 There was another big turnout this morning for the annual Veterans Breakfast, organized by the City of Tualatin and community volunteers. Here’s the program:
Master of Ceremonies
Tualatin Police Department
Display of Flags
Star Spangled Banner
Pledge of allegiance
City of Tualatin
Veterans Memorial plans
USAF, retired MSgt
Enjoy the photo ...
- Veterans Day is November 11th November 7, 2019 In 1926 Congress declared November 11 as the date to celebrate the anniversary of the end of World War I. In 1938 Congress passed an act that named the day Armistice Day and made it a legal holiday.
In 1954 President Dwight D. Eisenhower acknowledged there had been two other conflicts since 1926 (World War II ...
- Regatta Run 2019 October 25, 2019 The Tualatin VFW Auxiliary was proud to sponsor, support and attend the annual Regatta Run in 2019 as a way to honor the memory of Cpl. Matthew Lembke.
- VFW National Home for Children October 4, 2019 Hi, I’m Frederick Puffenberger. On May 22, 2019, I was named the new Executive Director for the VFW National Home for Children here in my hometown of Eaton Rapids, Michigan.
Who would have guessed that 80 years after my grandfather, also named Fred Puffenberger, worked at the National Home as a herdsman, I would be continuing ...
- Veterans’ Recognition Breakfast September 22, 2019 Register NOW for this year’s Veterans Recognition Breakfast!
Honor and salute veterans at this annual event. Come enjoy a delicious catered breakfast celebrating veterans’ and all they’ve done for our country. Guest speakers will present and prizes will be raffled off to veterans during the event.
Pre-registration is required, and veterans plus one guest will be given priority ...
- VFW Auxiliary Celebrates 105 Years of Service September 5, 2019 Happy 105th birthday to us! On September 14, 1914, the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars was organized in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our name has since changed to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and our eligibility includes close male relatives of VFW-eligible veterans.
We are thankful for the millions (yes, millions!!!) of members who ...
- The Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019 June 14, 2019
We asked veterans’ advocates like you to contact your U.S. Representatives and Senators to demand Congress pass H.R. 299, the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019. On Wednesday, we accomplished this goal when the Senate unanimously passed H.R. 299.
Our voices were heard, and the bill awaits the president’s signature! THANK YOU.
Once signed into law, H.R. ...
- June 14th is Flag Day June 13, 2019
President Woodrow Wilson
President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed June 14th as Flag Day back in 1916, but it wasn’t until 1949 that our Congress passed legislation to establish this day of observance. Feel free to show your patriotism by flying your flag today.
- 2019 Memorial Day Recap May 27, 2019
What a wonderful Memorial Day we had in Tualatin, there’s so much community support for the memory of our fallen veterans. Our picnic was catered by Dalton’s Northwest Catering, and organized by the Tualatin VFW Auxiliary
Color Guard, Tualatin Police
Dale Potts, Emcee
Gerry Turnstall, Air Force
Norb Murray, Marines
West Coast Ravens
Pledge of Allegiance
Mike Hannegan, ...