- VFW National Home for Children October 4, 2019 Hi, I’m Frederick Puffenberger. On May 22, 2019, I was named the new Executive Director for the VFW National Home for Children here in my hometown of Eaton Rapids, Michigan.
Who would have guessed that 80 years after my grandfather, also named Fred Puffenberger, worked at the National Home as a herdsman, I would be continuing ...
- Veterans’ Recognition Breakfast September 22, 2019 Register NOW for this year’s Veterans Recognition Breakfast!
Honor and salute veterans at this annual event. Come enjoy a delicious catered breakfast celebrating veterans’ and all they’ve done for our country. Guest speakers will present and prizes will be raffled off to veterans during the event.
Pre-registration is required, and veterans plus one guest will be given priority ...
- VFW Auxiliary Celebrates 105 Years of Service September 5, 2019 Happy 105th birthday to us! On September 14, 1914, the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars was organized in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our name has since changed to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and our eligibility includes close male relatives of VFW-eligible veterans.
We are thankful for the millions (yes, millions!!!) of members who ...
- The Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019 June 14, 2019
We asked veterans’ advocates like you to contact your U.S. Representatives and Senators to demand Congress pass H.R. 299, the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019. On Wednesday, we accomplished this goal when the Senate unanimously passed H.R. 299.
Our voices were heard, and the bill awaits the president’s signature! THANK YOU.
Once signed into law, H.R. ...
- June 14th is Flag Day June 13, 2019
President Woodrow Wilson
President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed June 14th as Flag Day back in 1916, but it wasn’t until 1949 that our Congress passed legislation to establish this day of observance. Feel free to show your patriotism by flying your flag today.
- 2019 Memorial Day Recap May 27, 2019
What a wonderful Memorial Day we had in Tualatin, there’s so much community support for the memory of our fallen veterans. Our picnic was catered by Dalton’s Northwest Catering, and organized by the Tualatin VFW Auxiliary
Color Guard, Tualatin Police
Dale Potts, Emcee
Gerry Turnstall, Air Force
Norb Murray, Marines
West Coast Ravens
Pledge of Allegiance
Mike Hannegan, ...
- Continuing Education Scholarship Contest Winners May 16, 2019
The VFW Auxiliary is proud to announce our 2019 Continuing Education Scholarship winners. Four $1,000 Scholarships have been awarded, one in each of the four Auxiliary Conferences. Learn more about the winners. Established in 2005, the Continuing Education Scholarship assists members and their immediate family members (spouse, son or daughter) who wish to further their education by ...
- Tualatin Chamber Networking April 19, 2019
Our Tualatin VFW Auxiliary hosted the weekly networking event for the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce today, from 7:30AM – 9:00AM. We had about 50 people attend, and Auxiliary President Kathy Walsh shared what we are all about, patriotism, serving veterans, and visiting the VA hospital every week.
Auxiliary member Daniel Payne shared about Memorial Day activities ...
- Teen from Oregon in the Running to Win a $30,000 Scholarship from the VFW February 26, 2019
High school students across the country recorded audio-essays on this year’s theme: “Why My Vote Matters.”
We’ve selected one winner from each state to qualify for the grand prize, a $30,000 scholarship to the college or technical school of their choice.
Dylan Leebrick, Oregon
Hear the winning essays.
The VFW’s Voice of Democracy competition allows high school students to compete for ...
- Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest January 10, 2019
Each year, more than 3,500 high school students from across the country participate in the VFW Auxiliary’s Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest. The scholarship contest began in 1979 to recognize up-and-coming artists and encourage patriotism in youth.The Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest is open to all students, including home-schooled students, in grades 9-12. Students must ...