Young American Creative Patriotic Art
Each year, more than 3,500 high school students from across the country enter the VFW Auxiliaryâ€™s Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest. The first-place winner from each Department (state) advances to National judging and competes for national awards totaling $31,000.
- The Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest is open to all students, including home school students, in grades 9-12.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. National with a maximum age of 18 at time of local entry.
- The student does not have to be related to a VFW or VFW Auxiliary member to participate, but must attend school in the same state as the sponsoring Auxiliary.
- Two and three dimensional art entries are accepted.
- Digital art, photography and jewelry are NOT ACCEPTED.
Visit our website to see the complete list of eligibility requirements and contest rules, updated helpful hints and to see the 2018-2019 state winners or all previous first-place national winners.
- Entries received by local VFW Auxiliary – March 31
- Entries received by Department (state) – April 15
- Entries received by National Headquarters – May 5
- First Place: $15,000 scholarship
- Second Place: $7,500 scholarship
- Third Place: $3,500 scholarship
- Fourth-Fifth Place: $1,500 scholarship
- Sixth-Ninth Place: $500 scholarship
Get the word out in your community about this wonderful scholarship contest! Visit the Scholarships section on the Program & Publicity Resources pageof the VFW Auxiliary website for a printer-friendly contest application, fillable media release, informational flyer and more!
We look forward to displaying winners from each Department for National judging at the 2020 National Convention in Reno, Nevada!