President: Rebecca Goodhouse
Phone: 971-226-3088 Email: email@example.com
Senior Vice President: Ann Derbyshire
Treasurer & Secretary: Phyllis Houston
Chaplin: Meeka Mayhew
Conductress & Trustee: Delores Abernathy
Ladies Auxiliary VFW Annual/Life Membership Application, $15 annual dues, $5 joining fee (PDF for printing)
Ladies Auxiliary VFW Members are…
- Foster and stepmothers (who have performed the duties of parent)
- Foster and stepdaughters (who attained that status prior to the age of sixteen and for whom the duties of parent were performed)
- Sisters, half sisters, foster and stepsisters (who attained that status prior to age sixteen)
…of persons who were or are eligible for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. Members must be citizens of the United States and at least 16 years old.
Women eligible for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States shall be eligible for dual membership in the Ladies Auxiliary.
Established in 1914
The members of the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars live by the motto, “Honor the dead by helping the living.” We set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities as a testament to the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform.Established 1914
The members of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW are committed to serving veterans and their families, promoting pride in America, teaching young people about the cost of freedom, and serving the community. To meet these goals the organization’s 550,000 members throughout the United States, Germany, Guam and Panama conduct the following programs:
· Americanism: Celebrating our heritage of freedom with the Statue of Liberty’s Birthday Celebration, working towards a resolution of the POW/MIA situation, promoting pride in America, and ensuring that the public will never forget the sacrifices of America’s soldiers who protect our freedom.·
Cancer Aid & Research: Providing grants to members with cancer, helping in the educational effort to make the public aware of the importance of early detection, and supporting research throughout the country.
· Community Service: Cooperating with other organizations to meet the needs in our communities.
· Hospital & Veterans Affairs Voluntary Services: Volunteering in hospitals and outpatient facilities around the country.
Legislative: Keeping members up-to-date on all bills affecting veterans and their families and the national defense. Making legislators aware of our positions.
· Veterans & Family Support: Assisting veterans as they return from active duty or from the hospital as they try to return to civilian life. Helping veterans and their families with transportation, childcare, and other services as needed.
· Youth Activities: Providing opportunities for youth and educating them about our American heritage. Encouraging Junior Girls to participate in Auxiliary activities and serve their communities.