Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- Buddy Poppies Thank you to all of the members who volunteered Friday and Saturday to proudly distribute the Buddy Poppies in our community. Money collected from the sales will be donated to veterans in distress from our local area. This year we collected $6,982 from Buddy Poppy donations. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Tualatin Crawfish Festival names Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3452 as parade grand marshal By The Oregonian May 25, 2010, 1:51PM Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3452 will be parade grand marshal for the 2010 Tualatin Crawfish Festival, an event the post founded 60 years ago. The VFW started the festival as a fundraiser for a $4,000 Quonset hut to serve area veterans, according to the festival committee. ...
- Tualatin VFW Auxiliary ladies practice practical patriotism By Nick Peterson The Times, May 13, 2010 Most everyone appreciates what our men and women in uniform do for our country. But some people have a more tangible way of showing it than others. Nearly every Tuesday morning at the Tualatin VFW Post 3452 – Cpl. Matthew Lembke Hall – you can find two ladies of the ...
- Flags Placed at Tualatin Wall Members from our Post placed flags at the Tualatin Wall this morning. Thank you community for noticing and honking with appreciation. Photos by Tony Rizzutto Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Help Welcome Home Soldiers from Iraq By dale potts April 01, 2010, 11:50AM — 41st IBCT Coming Home from Iraq, — Parade, Family Fair being Planned, — Community Members invited to Help Local veterans groups organized a parade in Tigard in 2007 to welcome the Oregon Army National Guard’s 41st Infantry Brigade Combat Team back from Afghanistan. They’re doing it ...
- Returning Vets Need Jobs, says Doherty About 1,350 Oregon National Guardsmen will return without jobs in May, according to the state representative By Geoff Pursinger The Times, Apr 8, 2010, Updated Apr 8, 2010 Tigard’s representative in the Oregon House is doing what she says needs to be done. Rep. Margaret Doherty has been making the rounds in Tigard, attending City Council ...
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.