Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- Happy New 2018 from the VFW The VFW is continuing the fight FOR VETERANS in 2018. Thank you for all you do to support America’s defenders. We simply could not help them transition to civilian life, continue their education, and file their VA claims with the expert assistance of VFW Service Officers without you. You should know what a difference you make for veterans of every ...
- Photos from Veteran’s Recognition Breakfast Thank you to VFW Post member Tony Rizutto for attending the veteran’s recognition breakfast and sharing photos with us. Quite the crowd this year with veterans, speakers, City of Tualatin Mayor Lou Ogden, and Boy Scouts all attending. Thank you for your service veterans. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Veteran’s Recognition Breakfast The City of Tualatin continues its tradition of hosting an annual Veteran’s Recognition Breakfast on Thursday, November 9th, starting at 8AM, Juanita Pohl Center. Our Auxiliary will be handing out Buddy Poppies to all attendees as a way to honor our veterans. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Veterans Day: Saturday, November 11, 2017 In 1926 Congress declared November 11 as the date to celebrate the anniversary of the end of World War I. In 1938 Congress passed an act that named the day Armistice Day and made it a legal holiday. In 1954 President Dwight D. Eisenhower acknowledged there had been two other conflicts since 1926 (World War II ...
- 2017 Regatta Run Another successful Regatta Run was organized this year, with both the Tualatin VFW Post and Auxiliary participating as sponsors to raise money for Tualatin High School scholarships, in memory of Cpl. Matthew Lembke. Thank you community for showing such strong and continued support. Patriotism was on display as we watched the Young Marine Corps, fallen ...
- Your Sport Clips Haircut Helps Veterans Great opportunity! Now through Veterans Day, November 11, you can “Help A Hero” take the next step toward a civilian career through education when you get a haircut at one of the more than 1,700 Sport Clips Haircuts locations across the U.S. The VFW and Sport Clips established the “Help A Hero” scholarship program in 2013, but ...
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.