Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- Tualatin names Veterans Day in honor of MIA airman By Ed Johnson The Times, Nov 12, 2009 The story of how this Veterans Day in Tualatin was proclaimed “Navy Airman Bushnell Day” is one of community dedication. It was more than 39 years ago that 21-year-old Tualatin resident Brian Bushnell, a Navy Airman, went missing when his E2A Hawkeye airplane caught fire during ...
- Whitmore wins statewide VFW contest The Times, Feb 20, 2010 Tigard High junior Jane Whitmore defeated 15 other finalists in the Oregon VFW Voice of Democracy statewide contest in Hood River on Saturday to win a $2,000 scholarship for college and an opportunity to compete nationally for scholarships worth up to $30,000. The competition is an audio-essay contest for ...
- Photos from the Oregonian Gallery: Tualatin VFW named Cpl. Matthew Lembke Hall (6 photos) Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Tualatin: VFW post sends 433 phone cards to troops By Wesley Uno, The Oregonian January 08, 2009, 12:28AM The holidays were a bit brighter for Oregon Guard and Reserve units in Iraq and Afghanistan, as Tualatin VFW Post 3452 was able to send them 433 telephone calling cards. Each card cost $18 and was purchased through the military exchange system. These cards are ...
- Miller Insurance and Local Tualatin VFW Video: www.tualatintv.com Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Tualatin opens vital, new VFW By Julie Sullivan, The Oregonian August 25, 2009, 9:43PM Veterans groups, facing the loss of their oldest members, are reinventing themselves as family-friendly, forward-looking clubs for the recently deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. And the generation gap, which put World War II vets on one side of the old hall and Vietnam vets ...
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.