Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- $10,000.00 Scholarship Winner Announced 2018 Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest First Place $10,000 Scholarship Kayla Juds | 12th Grade “Life and Memories of a Patriot” | Medium: Oil Paint Sponsored by VFW Auxiliary 10519 | Greendale, Wisconsin “This painting of my grandfather is a historic reflection of a patriot who, in decades past, proudly went to battle. The memories of serving his country honorably ...
- $10,000 Home Repair Grants to Veterans The Washington County Office of Community Development was recently awarded funds from Oregon Housing and Community Services to help low-income elderly or disabled Veterans with repairs to their homes. The Veterans Home Improvement Program will provide grants of up to $10,000 to perform these repairs. Please call 503 846 8897 for more information. PDF Flyer Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Photos from Memorial Day Observance and Picnic What a powerful way to honor our fallen veterans by attending the annual Memorial Day Observance and Picnic on May 28th, 2018. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Memorial Day 2018 You’re invited to our annual Memorial Day Observance on Monday, May 28th at the Winona Cemetery, 10:45AM, followed by a Memorial Day Picnic at the Tualatin Community Park at 11:45AM – 1:30PM. PROGRAM Opening of Ceremony 10:45 am Emcee: Dale Potts, Vietnam War Veteran Missing Man Maneuver Flyover Narrator: Norb Murray, Vietnam War Veteran National Anthem and Posting of ...
- March 29 is Vietnam War Veterans Day National Vietnam War Veterans Day honors a generation of men and women who served and sacrificed during the longest conflict in U.S. history. March 29 marks the anniversary of when combat forces departed South Vietnam in 1973, even though some troops remained until their final departure in 1975. In 2017, U.S. Senators Pat Toomey, R-Pa., and ...
- VFW Names Youth Scholarship Winners Maryland student takes 1st place $30,000 scholarship WASHINGTON – The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. is proud to announce the national winners of its 2017-18 Voice of Democracy and Patriot’s Pen youth scholarship competitions. The winners were announced live during last night’s Parade of Winners at the 2018 VFW Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. The Voice of Democracy ...
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.