Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- Free Because of Sacrifice by Donna Tallman Step by determined step I walk on through Arlington Cemetery. A car passes on my left, then another and another. The procession of mourners drives by in slow motion making its way to the grave site. A color guard stands at attention near a freshly dug grave. A bugler waits for his call, ...
- Beginning at the End By Donna A. Tallman Where is John F. Kennedy’s grave? What do OEF and OIF mean on a headstone? Where’s the bathroom? Who’s the oldest dead person buried here? A woman, who has answered the same questions for more than a lifetime, sits at a kiosk in the middle of the Arlington National Cemetery Visitor’s Center ...
- Memorial Day 2011 The sunshine came out on Monday and we paid tribute to the veterans who gave the ultimate sacrifice and died for our country. Yvonne Addington was the guest speaker and we had people from: Veterans of foreign wars Color guard Fire department Police department Families Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Buddy Poppies Volunteers from our Post, Ladies Auxiliary and Men’s Auxiliary were out in the community this weekend to offer Buddy Poppies as a reminder of our veterans. We had volunteers at: Haggen’s, Tualatin Fred Meyer, Tualatin We heard stories from veterans, children and spouses. The support was just wonderful and we received many compliments for our efforts. If you have ...
- Salsa Taste Off Raises Money for VFW The Men’s Auxiliary participated on May 3rd at a Salsa competition to raise money for several non-profit associations. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Jonathan Crane – Tualatin Business Leader of the Year VFW Men’s Auxiliary member Jonathan Crane was awarded 2010 Tualatin Business Leader of the Year from the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce. The photo shows Linda Moholt the CEO for the Tualatin Chamber presenting the award to Jonathan on April 28th at the Tualatin Country Club. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.