Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- Professional Handyman Services Available to all Veterans and Auxiliary members. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Robert Helmstetler, I am a life member of VFW Post 922 in Pendleton, and have recently moved to the Portland area. I would like to offer my services to those in need during these financially difficult times. If you, or a ...
- Help a Vet Find Work YELLOW RIBBON REINTEGRATION “JOINT TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM” “PRESENTS” Integrated Career Transition Assistance Workshop The Yellow Ribbon Reintegration, Joint Transition Assistance Program (JTAP ) and Oregon WorkSource are putting on a work shop for the 1249 Engineer Bn, all service members, spouses and veterans in search for employment. The course is intended to provide you with the necessary skills and contacts for obtaining ...
- Chamber Networking at the VFW Post On Friday, January 20th the VFW hosted the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce for a networking event. We had about 60 people visit our Post and hear about what the VFW stands for, and how they can join our Men’s and Women’s Auxiliary. In addition, we honored the memory of Cpl. Matthew Lembke by witnessing the $13,239.24 ...
- Santa Visits Santa Claus (AKA as Men’s Auxiliary President Don Comstock) with Tigard Police Chief Alan Orr telling him what his Department needs for next year. They are at a Christmas party for 150 children from Community Partners for Affordable Housing. Santa visits military unit family events and needy children over the holidays. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- VA Hospital Visit Several members of Post 3452 assisted the Women’s Auxiliary in distributing hand made items to patients in the Portland VA Hospital on December 14th. Several members of the Women’s Auxiliary have spent months making carry bags, afghan blankets, and soap on a rope. They combined their handicraft with donated hats, sweatshirts, and comfort items to ...
- Two Members Named to Tualatin Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors VFW Auxiliary members Jonathan Crane and John Goodhouse have been named to Tualatin Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Auxiliary member Ryan Miller is stepping down after three years on the Board. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.