Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- Oregon Veterans’ Home Earns National Rating THE DALLES – The place where honor lives, the Oregon Veterans’ Home in The Dalles, was recently named one of the top rated nursing homes in Oregon. U.S. News & World Report released its fifth annual Best Nursing Homes ratings on February 26, highlighting the top nursing homes in each state and nearly 100 major metropolitan areas. The ratings cover ...
- Post 3452 Volunteers Helped at Jurgens Park Volunteers from Post 3452 on Saturday helped the City of Tualatin prepare the extension of Jurgen’s Park in Tualatin. They helped to: Remove fences Clean up debris Loading wood, pipe, fence material Thanks to all of the volunteers. Alex Simshaw Lawrence Howard Art Mauer Joe Gamiao Richard Wierhdt Greg Stadler, Post Commander Ted Gilbo Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Condolences to the Starbuck Family Born: Aug. 31, 1941 Died: Jan. 18, 2013 Dodie was an interior designer in the Portland area for more than 40 years. She brought beauty and joy to many homes and families. Dodie is survived by her three children and their families, Scott Starbuck (fiance, Suzette), Susan Becker (husband, Bill; children, Christi and Brandon) and Stephen Starbuck ...
- Two Local Memorial Projects From: Gary Brannan Hey Marines! I thought I’d take a moment to inform/update those of you who may not be aware, of two excellent memorial projects that are planned for our area: · WWII Memorial to be erected in Wilson Park west of the Capitol building in Salem, and · Gold Star Memorial to be erected at Willamette National ...
- Need Home Repairs? If you’re a veteran in Washington County and require critical home repairs, then please review the following document for more details. You could qualify to receive up to $15,000 for home repairs. Repair Corps Brochure This program is sponsored by the Habitat for Humanity. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Post Member Writes New Play, Now at Tualatin Heritage Center Hal Long,who lived in Tualatin for many years but now resides in Joseph, Oregon, has written another play and is directing at the Tualatin Heritage Center once more. Long is artistic director of Tualatin’s Lumiere Players and has previously written seven plays, three of which he also directed at the Heritage Center: “War of the Worlds,” “North ...
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.