Memorial Day – May 27, 2019
Our community showed up in a big way on May 27th for both the Memorial Day Observance at Winona Cemetery, plus the Community Picnic at Tualatin Community Park.
More photos and video.
- Breakfast with Dignity Memorial – August 24 Post members enjoyed a breakfast meal paid for by Dignity Memorial, a company that provides care and services for funerals. Joel Warnock and Kimberly Morley did a very good presentation of their services after the breakfast. There were several questions that were answered after the presentation. They enjoyed talking with the members and would like ...
- 2013 Crawfish Festival We all had a wonderful community event today with the annual Tualatin Crawfish Festival. The Post entered four military trucks into the parade and won a First place ribbon, the Men’s Auxiliary had a Red Convertible in the parade and ran the Dunk Tank fund-raiser. Watch Mayor Lou Ogden get dunked: Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Free Exercise Classes Juanita Pohl Center 8513 SW Tualatin Road 503‐691‐3061 Chair Yoga Certified Yoga instructor, Kate Dessommes Learn Moving & Breathing Techniques Classes start August 5th Monday/Wednesday 11am‐Noon Drop‐In 55 & Better Exercise for 55 & Better (Free Until Dec. 1st) Certified Exercise Instructor, Lisa Watson Focus will be on Cardio, Strength, and Balance Featuring Low‐impact Aerobics, Light Resistance Training and Flexibility Classes start August 27th Tuesday/Thursday 1‐2 pm Drop‐In More Info Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Service for Max Lacy – August 5 Max Elliot Lacy, 69, formerly of Visalia, CA, passed away on July 11, 2013 at King City. Graveside service is August 5, 2013 at Willamette National Cemetery at 11800 SE Mt Scott Blvd, Portland, OR 97086. In lieu of flowers, the family would like a donation made to woundedwarriorproject.org. RECEPTION TO BE HELD AT VFW POST ...
- Patriot’s Pen Scholarship for 2013-2014 Each year the Veterans of Foreign Wars offers students an opportunity to compete for a scholarship. The Patriot’s Pen program is open to students in grades 6 – 8, who are enrolled in a public, private or parochial high school or home study program in the United States and its Territories. The scholarship program called Patriot’s Pen ...
- Voice of Democracy for 2013-14 The scholarship program called Voice of Democracy was started in 1947 by the National Association of Broadcasters. The Veterans of Foreign Wars became a national sponsor for the program in the late 1950’s. It became a VFW Program in 1961. This scholarship program provides high school students, from 9th grade to 12th grade, the opportunity to ...
Memorial Day Picnic Sponsors
Thank you to all of our 2019 picnic banner sponsors to make our annual event the best ever
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.