Annual Veterans Breakfast, November 9th
Thank you City of Tualatin for organizing this annual event.
- Don Comstock of Men’s Auxiliary Plays Santa for CPAH Written by Geoff Pursinger, Pamplin Media Group More than 100 people flocked to Colossae Church in Tigard on Tuesday night. They came from across Tigard, Beaverton and Southwest Portland. But they weren’t there for a church service. They were there to party. Community Partners for Affordable Housing, a Tigard-area nonprofit that builds low-rent apartment complexes, celebrated the holiday ...
- YMCA Benefits for Vets Last week at the Regatta Run I met Doreen Reed from the Sherwood Regional Family YMCA. She shared with me the benefits that the YMCA offers to veterans: No fee to join the YMCA 25% off the regular membership price For families of active military you can contact Doreen at 503 862 4022 to find out about a ...
- Men’s Auxiliary Support Honor Flight The Men’s Auxiliary has supported the Honor Flight program by having our members Dale Lembke and Jonathan Crane make trips to Washington DC with WW II veterans, plus we have donated $500.00 in 2014. Attached is a letter of thanks from Terry Low, Treasurer for Honor Flight Portland Oregon. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- Stephen Rutter We have a tradition at the Tualatin VFW to welcome home all veterans by presenting them with a special coin. Here’s Stephen Rutter (left), a Navy vet being presented a welcome home coin. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- USO at PDX Airport Just thought I’d pass this on. A USO rep has come to a few of our Honor Flight meetings to fill us in . They really want to make this successful again. There hasn’t been a USO presence in Portland since the 1940’s. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
- News Coverage of Memorial Day 2014 Thanks go to Jonathan Crane of Tualatin Life for publishing an article in the June issue all about our annual Memorial Day ceremony and picnic. Read the full details here. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitter
Memorial Day Picnic
Thank you to all of our 2018 corporate sponsors to make our annual Memorial Day Picnic the best event ever.
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.