Annual Veterans Breakfast, November 9th
Thank you City of Tualatin for organizing this annual event.
- Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest Each year, more than 3,500 high school students from across the country participate in the VFW Auxiliary’s Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest. The scholarship contest began in 1979 to recognize up-and-coming artists and encourage patriotism in youth. The Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest is open to all students, including home-schooled students, in grades 9-12. ...
- Iwo Jima Flagraising Ceremony Our friends from the Canby-Aurora VFW 6057 have invited all of us to the 21st anniversary of the Iwo Jima flagraising ceremony at the Canby Adult Center. All veterans groups and service organizations are invited to bring their colors and be a part of the ceremony with an assembly time of 930AM on Saturday, February 20, ...
- New Movie – The Finest Hours Disney has an upcoming military film called The Finest Hours, and you’re invited to a free screening in Tigard on January 26th, 7:00PM with a 6:15PM checkin time, Regal Tigard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQmllwTKtqU Thanks go out to Alex Weber for the invitation. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitterGoogle
- VFW Stands with France in Wake of Attack WASHINGTON (November 15, 2015) – While extending his condolences and support to the people of France, the national commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States also called Friday’s terrorist attack a wakeup call to an America that is ill prepared to defend against a similar attack in America. “The VFW stands with ...
- Veteran’s Breakfast Mark Miller from TheTimes wrote an excellent article about the annual Veteran’s appreciation breakfast held on Monday, November 9th at the Juanita Pohl Center in Tualatin. Photos by Jonathan House: Photos by City of Tualatin: Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitterGoogle
- Regatta Run 2015 We had another great fund-raising event today with a large turnout of runners, walkers and sponsors. The Men’s Auxiliary was a Silver level sponsor this year, and the money goes to the Matthew Lembke Memorial Scholarship Fund. Thank you Tualatin for showing such great community support for this annual event. Share this:FacebookLinkedInTwitterGoogle
Memorial Day Picnic
Thank you to all of our 2018 corporate sponsors to make our annual Memorial Day Picnic the best event ever.
Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. We have unwavering support for uncommon heroes.